less than 30 mins
For the crab cakes
For the sauce
- 25g/1oz butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 275ml/10fl oz fish stock
- 55ml/2fl oz white wine
- 110ml/4fl oz double cream
- ½ tsp English mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ lemon, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the chips
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Cut the lobster in half and remove the meat from the claws, tail and head. Set aside. Chop the meat into pieces and place back into the shell.
- To make the sauce, place the butter into a pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened. Pour in the stock, wine and double cream and bring to the boil. Reduce by half, stirring occationally. Add the mustard, herbs, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the lobster meat. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Grill for 3–4 minutes until golden brown.
- To make the chips, heat the vegetable oil in a deep-fat fryer to 140C (CAUTION: Hot oil is very dangerous. Do not leave unattended). Carefully drop in the chips and cook for 5–6 minutes or until just tender, without colour. Remove using a metal slotted spoon. Turn the heat to 190C. Place the chips back into the hot oil and fry for 3–4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove using a metal slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Season to taste and serve alongside the lobster.