King Prawn and Scallop Stir Fry
less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 garlicclove, thinly sliced
- 10g fresh root ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 6 king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 scallops, each cut in half to make 2 discs (6 discs in total)
- sea salt flakes and pepper, to taste
- 1-1½ tbsp Shaoxing rice wine, to taste
- 1 spring onion, cut into strips
- 4 sprigs choi sum, or other Chinese greens
- 1 pak choi, cut into 4
- 30g/1oz mangetout, cut in half lengthways on an angle
- ½ red chilli, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1-2 tbsp light soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Heat the groundnut oil in a wok until smoking.
- When hot, add the garlic and ginger cook for one minute, or until soft.
- Add the prawns to the garlic and ginger, fry for one minute, tossing the wok or stirring the prawns with a spoon a couple of times.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Lay the scallops round the edge of the hot wok, to get a little colour on the sides.
- Toss the wok or gently turn the seafood over, then add the rice wine.
- Add all the prepared vegetables and gently toss until the choi sum and pak choi have slightly wilted – this will take a further couple of minutes
- Add the red chilli and light soy sauce, to taste.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls and drizzle half a teaspoon of sesame oil over each portion. Serve at once.