Hazelnut Butter Grilled Scallops with Salad
less than 30 mins
For the scallops
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled, finely sliced
- 75g/2½oz butter, softened
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 45g/1½oz hazelnuts, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 scallops, cleaned
For the salad
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tbsp good quality white wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp good quality rapeseed oil
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 punnet pea shoots
- For the scallops, heat a frying pan until warm, add the olive oil and shallot and fry gently until softened but not coloured.
- Place the butter into a bowl and add the cooked shallot, along with all the remaining scallop ingredients, except the scallops. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place the scallops onto a grill tray and top each scallop with a spoonful of the hazelnut butter. Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes, or until just cooked through. Remove from the grill and set aside to rest for one minute.
- For the salad, whisk the mustard, vinegar and oil together in a bowl. Place the lettuce leaves and pea shoots into a bowl, drizzle over the dressing and stir to coat.
- To serve, place three scallops onto each of 2 serving plates and serve with a pile of salad.