- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- crushed chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- 700g fresh king prawns, peeled and deveined
- In a large, glass bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and black pepper. Season with crushed chillies, if desired. Add prawns, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue for high heat. Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil cooking grate. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.